Baks Group celebrates 60th anniversary
Last weekend the Baks Group celebrated their 60th anniversary with all its employees. In 1955 our founder, Anton Baks, started his company in Borculo. His main activity was the transport of milk for local farmers. With a loan from the local butter factory he bought his first tractor. Anton Baks quickly discovered driving milk was not enough to survive. He decided to extend his services by buying a root harvesting machine. By doing so he started an advanced agricultural service providing company. In the early 70’s he expanded his services again, this time by starting the distribution of liquid fertilizers, a totally new business activity.
In 1995 Anton Baks retired, and a new generation, his sons André and Wim Baks and son-in-law Tonny Winkelhorst, took over. Son-in-law Tonny became responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company. Since then the Baks Group has been growing significantly.
Now, 60 years after its foundation, the Baks Group consists of six related companies:
- Baks Loon- en Grondverzetbedrijf (Agricultural service provider)
- Baks Borculo (Distribution of fertilizers)
- Baks Logistiek (Liquid Logistics)
- Baks Agri Foods (International oriented trading company of liquid diary products)
- Cleaning Overberkel (Tank cleaning company)
- TipTop Car- en Truckwash (Car and Truckwash facilities)
Nowadays around 150 people are employed by the Baks Group companies.